Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Like Sands through the hourglass......

Well, it has only been 8 months since my last post-not too bad. It seems like we are constantly on the go. I love to catch up and read everyone's blog but never feel like sitting down and typing one myself. So many things have happened since the last post. Where to start??????
First off, I guess I will start back in May. I got a phone call that no one wants. My mom called and told me she had cancer. After losing my grandmother to cancer, I had a hard time even hearing it. She said the doctor told her she had a type of "female" cancer(for lack of actually typing the word out). Of course, I start asking all kinds of questions, to which she doesn't have the answers. She told me that after she heard the word cancer she stopped listening. After the initial shock wore off, I told myself we were going to not worry until the doctor told us to worry. Long story short, she had surgery at the end of June, and as of now, she is cancer free. Luckily, I guess they caught it early on.
In June Aidan turned 3. He has changed so much in one year. He is now completely potty trained, which is big. He talks non-stop and loves going to school. He also loves his Meme-Jeremi, for those of you who don't know her nickname. He follows her around like crazy. He always asks her if he can come play in her room, which she always says no. He just keeps on until she finally gives in. He is such a repeat of what she does or says. He is still not into TV, which I guess I shouldn't complain. He still loves trains and trucks, and loves to go for a ride on his trike. Also in June, marked a year since I was diagnosed with diabetes. I like to think I am doing great. It is definitely a life changer.
In July, I got a call from my principal asking if I wanted to take the ESL teacher position. After talking it over with some friends, I took the job. I have to say, I am loving it. It is such a change from being in the classroom. I am getting to know more kiddos and getting to work with all grade levels. It is definitely a learning process. I have been so accustomed to Kindergarten and wrapped up in all of that, I never knew anything else.
In August, I was a little sad. Some of you know my baby girl was going to be starting High School. She had been ready since her 8th grade dance. Mom on the other hand, not so much. We just got finished with Homecoming, which was an experience in itself. I just can't believe that she is all grown up(in some ways at least). I can remember the day she was born. I am still getting used to the fact that she is 15 and already asking when she can take driver's ed. Yikes!!!!

There is so much more, but I can't think right now. I would post pics but our camera is not working. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon. Thanks for keeping up with the craziness I like to call my life.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete